There are exemptions to information available under FOI. The exemptions do not, however, prohibit the dissemination of information; rather, they merely authorize the withholding of
These are among the the broad categories where exemptions are possible. However , please see pages 9-10 of following interpretation. See Section 7 of the Statute for more details.
- Personal Privacy
- Law Enforcement Records that could interfere with proceedings or identify a confidential source.
- Legal Proceedings
- Preliminary drafts or notes in which opinions are expressed or policies are formulated, unless the record is publicly cited and identified by the head of the public body.
- Business & Financial trade secrets
- Information that might endanger life or safety
- Proposals and Bids for Contracts.
- Requests that are “unduly burdensome”.